Custom-made medal framing for all collections
Have you or a family member built up a fine collection of medals, through sport or any other pursuit? Would you like to display them in the best way possible? If so, our custom medal framing service is the ideal solution for you.
Medal framing is one of the most popular of our 3D object framing service. We can frame medals and other awards of all types, including:
- Sporting medals of all shapes and sizes
- Military medals
- Rosettes from gymkhanas, agricultural shows, etc.
- And more.
We can frame entire collections, or deliver a custom frame for even just a single medal of special significance. For example, we framed the bronze medal that showjumper Cian O’Connor won at the London Olympics of 2012.
Just bring your medals to us, and one of our expert team will get to work on delivering you a display you can be proud of.
Our medal framing technique
We first talk to you to get details of each medal and how it was won. This is so your display can include insert tabs where appropriate, to explain the significance of each medal.
We then work on the lay-out itself. This is where the beauty of a custom medal framing service really comes into its own.
You are not confined to any pre-set lay-out as you are with off-the-shelf medal holders. Instead, we can arrange medals according to individual preference, and in any formation.
We can also include other relevant items. Common examples include photographs showing how the medals were won, or other memorabilia from the occasion(s).
We then move on to the medal framing process itself. This involves many considerations, including:
- The choice of moulding. We can usually achieve successful framing with a single deep moulding. A second option is to stack a number of mouldings to achieve the required depth. Another option is to build a ‘shadow box’ behind a moulding. We always carefully consider these options and do which one is bet.
- The attachment method of the medals being framed. Options here include thread, cord, wire, clips, melinex strips, and more. Again, we consider all before choosing the best, bearing in mind the care and display needs of the medals.
- The air space required. We need to leave sufficient space between the medals and the glazing. We mostly use wood slips cut to the desired depth to create a space in the frame’s rebate space. This ensures adequate separation between the glazing and the medals inside.
- The glazing used. In larger pieces, we use acrylic glazing, to keep the overall weight down. We can use different types of glazing for smaller pieces. We again always choose what is best for a particular project.
- The attachment method to wall. We also need to consider this at the time of build. For pieces that will fit flush with the wall, we can use a concealed French cleat. Other options are Z Bars, mirror plates, cord, and more.
Our attention to detail is second to none. We guarantee you a long-lasting framed medals display of which you can be proud. For examples, see some of our past medal framing projects in the images below:
Advantages of our custom medal framing service
If you want to display medals, consider the advantages of our custom medal framing service:
- Individually designed, to suit your collection perfectly.
- Layout is fully customisable – you are not restricted to the pre-set layout of an ‘off the shelf’ medal holder.
- Can be sized to suit any needs or preferences – horizontally or vertically.
- Wide choice of materials and colours for the frame.
- Medals and display labels fully protected from moisture and other damage.
If you’d like to talk to us about medal framing, then we’d love to talk to you too. Just call us at 059 9135645, use our contact form, or call in to see us. You’ll find us in the Wexford Road Business Park, on the outskirts of Carlow.