We Live Custom Framing
ine Framers are the leading Bespoke Picture Framing Company in Ireland. Our team of professionally trained and accredited picture framers will work with you to ensure that whatever you are framing, we enhance the value and preserve the piece.
What are the important Factors to consider when buying Bespoke Framing
There are three main factors to consider then framing:
- The Frame Moulding
- The Mountboard
- The Glass
Picture Frame Mouldings
To ensure that your frame is durable and long lasting, the frame simply has to be made from real wood. There has been a significant switch in the Framing Industry towards using cheaper (plastic composite) frames.
These cheap alternatives can ultimately lead to damaging your picture or painting as they are lighter, less rigid and are prone to splitting open at the corners. This can lead to damage of the picture or painting.
At Fine Framers, we are one of the few Framers in Ireland who is still using 100% Real Wood Frames.
All of our frames start off as 3m lengths of real wood “moulding”. This moulding is mostly manufactured from either Ayous or Obeche timbers that grow straight and upright providing timber without knots
The moulding is either then painted or stained or composite coated with “gesso” and over painted.
We carry the largest and most extensive range of picture frame mouldings in Ireland offering you a wide range to choose from.
Like Picture Frame Mouldings, the framing industry has embraced the use of cheaper Mountboards. These however can lead to rapid degrading and discolouration of the picture /painting.
At Fine Framers we use conservation grade mountboard , a superior quality board that will not discolour or degrade, avoiding damage to the artwork.
When it comes to glazing options for picture framing there are many options available.
- Float Glass : This is regular 2mm glass that is suitable for most framing jobs where the artwork can be easily replaced or is of little or no value. Harmful UV light easily passes through the glass and over time, the framed art or object’s colours will fade. You may also experience heavy reflections when looking at a frame with float glass
- Reflection Control Glass : This is a special glass that will significantly reduce the levels of reflection you will experience when viewing a glazed frame.
- UV Glass : UV glass is glass specifically designed to block penetration of UV light, which will dramatically reduce the fading effect of the sun’s harmful rays.
- Museum Glass : This is a superior quality glass that has the combined benefits of reflection control and UV Glass. This is a more expensive glass but it may be the best option for some framing projects where it is important to minimize light damage and retain maximum visual impact.
- Acrylic : Acrylics has the same visual properties of regular float glass, but it is much lighter and is shatterproof. Being “unbreakable” it is the safest glazing option for children’s rooms and some public spaces. It is also a good alternative to glass for very large framing jobs, as it keeps the overall weight of the frame to a minimum.
- Cover Seal : Cover Seal is used as an alternative to glass or acrylic. These are optically transparent films that are applied directly to the artwork. They are suitable options for some framing projects like large photos or posters. Application of these films are non reversible.
At Fine Framers we offer you the full range of Glazing Options, and our experienced team will help you choose the most suitable option which will best suit your requirements.
Once you visit our Framing showrooms and have had a chance to browse through our extensive range of completed Framing Projects and seen the large range of frames available, our team of Professionally trained Picture Framers will discuss the various design options and select the most suitable moulding and mountboard combination to create something unique for your picture.
We are a proud member of the Fine Art trade Guild, an international body dedicated to Art and Picture Framing, which provides specific standards on quality picture framing materials and processes. We have in house, three picture framers accredited by the FATG. Karen is Ireland’s first advanced level FATG accredited framer.
We use only premium materials and techniques and frame to conservation framing standards. The objective of framing to conservation standards is to ensure that the art or object being framed is not damaged by the framing process.
So give your Picture or piece of Art the Frame it deserves today, and Contact Us to see what we can Frame for You.