We live…and love…custom framing
At Fine Framers, we pride ourselves as being the leading bespoke framing company in Ireland. Our team of professionally trained and accredited framers will work with you to ensure that no matter what you are framing, we will produce a custom frame to:
- Preserve the piece.
- Protect its value.
- Give it a beautiful and long-lasting home.
Our custom picture frames provide the perfect setting for any treasured photograph, painting, or document. We also apply the same expertise and experience to other forms of framing, such as object framing, wedding item framing, sports jersey framing, and more.
Important points to consider with custom picture frames
There are many factors to consider with regard to custom picture frames. Three of the most important are:
- The custom picture frames moulding
- The custom picture frames mountboard
- The glass used in the custom picture frames
Custom Picture Frames Mouldings
To ensure that your frame is durable and long-lasting, it simply has to be made from real wood.
There has been a move in the framing industry in recent years towards instead using cheaper frames, made from plastic composites. However, these cheaper frames are lighter, less rigid, and are prone to splitting open at the corners. All these factors can ultimately lead to damage being suffered by the framed item over time.
At Fine Framers, we use only 100% real wood frames for all our custom picture frames projects. This is one of the reasons why we are among the best in Ireland.
All of our frames start off as three metre lengths of real wood moulding. This moulding mostly comes from from either Ayous or Obeche timbers that grow straight and upright, thus providing timber without knots.
The moulding is either then painted or stained or composite coated with gesso and over-painted.
We carry the largest and most extensive range of picture frame mouldings in Ireland, offering you the widest range anywhere to choose from.
Custom Picture Frames Mountboard
Just as with mouldings, many in the framing industry have begun to use cheaper mountboards in recent years. And also just as with mouldings, these too can lead to degrading and discolouration of the item(s) being framed.
At Fine Framers, we use only conservation grade mountboard. This is a superior quality board that will not discolour or degrade. It therefore avoids causing damage to the artwork.
Custom Picture Frames Glass
When it comes to glazing options for custom picture frames, there are many options available.
The superior grade options we offer at Fine Framers include:
- Reflection Control Glass: This significantly reduces the levels of reflection you will experience when viewing a glazed frame.
- UV Glass: UV glass is glass specifically designed to block penetration of UV light. This will dramatically reduce the fading effect of the sun’s harmful rays.
- Museum Glass: This has the combined benefits of reflection control and UV Glass. It is more expensive but it may be the best option for some framing projects. Examples include where it is vitally important to minimize light damage and retain maximum visual impact.
- Acrylic: Acrylics is much lighter than glass and is shatter-proof. This makes it the safest glazing option for children’s rooms and some public spaces. It is also a good alternative to glass for very large framing jobs, as it minimises the frame's overall weight.
- Cover Seal: Cover Seal is used as an alternative to glass or acrylic. These are optically transparent films that we apply directly to the artwork. They are suitable options for some framing projects like large photos or posters. Applying these films is non-reversible.
Custom Picture Frames – Expertise and quality guaranteed
At Fine Framers, we are a proud member of the Fine Art Trade Guild (FATG). This is an international body dedicated to art and picture framing, which provides specific standards on quality picture framing materials and processes. We have a team of in-house framers who are professionally accredited by the FATG, up to advanced level.
One of our team will discuss all framing options with you, and help you to make your choice. We’ll then go to work on delivering you something beautiful, that will last a lifetime.
So give everything you want framed the care and attention it deserves, and contact us to see what we can do for you.